Monday, February 22, 2010

Happiness is in YOUR hands!

I am in a position I never thought I would be in. One I never cared to be, but one I am grateful I am. In the past 3 years I have never once stopped and took a good look at myself. At my choices, my actions, my words. I mean I've read over my words over and over, but I've never really LOOKED at them. Now I have the opportunity to see my words through someone else, to see how badly I handled things, and to learn.

I have learned one crucial thing. The one thing that I think will help me for the rest of my life. MY happiness cannot reside in someone else's hands. I cannot rely on ANYONE else to make me happy. I just have to be happy. Be happy with the things I have in my life. Change what I can if something is making me unhappy, and find the good in what I have if I can't change something. Once I hand my happiness over to someone else, they will destroy it. They will mold it into something THEY think is happiness OR they will abuse & neglect it. Once I hand my happiness over to someone else, THEY control me, I don't control me.

I like who I am, I think I am a good person with a good heart. If someone wants to walk away from me, well I won't be sad anymore. Because I am not making that choice, they are. And if being a part of my life was only meant to be for a short time, or whether it was meant to be for a lifetime, well that is in God's hands. And His hands are the only hands, other than mine, I will ever allow to touch my happiness again!

No comments: